Monday, January 31, 2011

Emotional Freedom: Turn around your world doing the Byron Katie turn around

I wrote about this Friday at the SlowSonoma.com.

The following is chapter 34 of the book listed above as being for sale in email.

For those in the Austin area, a $20 print version of the first 32 chapters is available. When finished the next 32 will be free via internet, and the last 42 will cost another $20. Seems like a lot, unless you realize how much transformational juice each section is giving.

Like this, the 34th one, which assumes you know the first part of the Byron Katie work


Turn around Your World with the Turn Around

Take some person who has been bugging you. Write down how they make you feel and why as one short sentence.
So and so makes me feel…… because…..

Joe/Ed/ Ann/ Barbara makes me feel angry/ sad/ jealous/ bad/ disappointed/ ….. because they ……. Don’t wash their clothes. Don’t smile. Left me. Don’t respect their mother. Aren’t thankful/ grateful/ respectful/ appreciative/ and so on.

You’ve done this before, mainly with shoulds and shouldn’ts.
Now it’s time to branch out.
I need so and so to …………..
I want so and so to………….
So and so should or shouldn’t………….

So now you’ve got four avenues of judgment:
The way they rile you up.
What you need from them.
What you want from them.
How they should and or shouldn’t be different.

Then take one of these judgments, read it aloud to yourself, and ask the four questions.
You might want to write down the consequences inside you from question number 3.

And now it’s turn around time.
Turn it around three ways, and look for three examples of each turn around.

Examples:
"I want Joe to listen to me more."

1. Turn around to yourself. 

I want me to listen to me more.
(Find three ways you are lacking in this, self listening)


2. Turn around to the other: 

I want me to listen to Joe more.
(Find three ways you are sloughing off on listening to Joe)

3. Turn around the sentence to its opposite .

I want Joe to listen, to I don’t want Joe to listen. Why? Joe already does listen. I don’t need to want this.
Find three examples of this. It might blow your mind.



Or, "I'm angry and frustrated with daughter number one because she is not respectful"


Turn around one: to yourself
I am angry at me since I could respect myself more.
(Find three examples of how this is true)


Turn around two:
To the other
I am angry at me because I need to respect daughter number one more.
(Again, 3 examples)



Turn around three: to the opposite
Daughter number one is not respectful becomes daughter number one is respectful.
( Find three examples of that.)

This can change your life.
Turning around your mind can turn around your world.
Try it.
It’s work, the “work” of Byron Katie.
And the results are huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment